I haven't participated in a Friend Making Monday in months, but after Bloggy Bootcamp, I feel like I'd love to talk about my blog at this moment.
I've done so much reflection since I headed into the unknown that was Bloggy Bootcamp. I had no idea what to expect, but I knew I was excited. No nerves, just pure anxiousness to learn and to connect.
It. Was. Amazing!
I listened to some truly inspiring women, I had the opportunity to connect with some fantastic and supportive women, and I learned so much about life, being a mother, being a wife, and being a business woman.
I am so pumped to get moving in the right direction! So, why haven't I written???
I'm overwhelmed and it's taking some time to settle. This post is a nice and easy way to just get myself writing. Couldn't have been better timing!
All about the Blog
1. How long have you been blogging? My instinct is always to say, "I've only been blogging for..." And then I think, "six months! Where has the time gone and why don't I have it down yet!?!"
2. What is the overwhelming theme of your blog? I just combined my weight loss blog with my Momma blog. I have so much fun with easy recipes, DIY, and crafts but a really huge part of this Momma's life right now is weight loss. I am halfway to my goal, and have 50lbs lost. --Whoa!! Just realized I've hit that milestone! Hello new post inspiration!--
3. Have you connected with people in person after meeting them through blogging? I haven't really. I have connected with some amazing bloggers this past weekend, but I never me them through the blog first. I did follow the presenters and felt a little star-struck and completely overwhelmed by how amazing they were in person. These women are beautiful, inside and out, and fully believe in building each other up and supporting other women.
4. What do you enjoy most about blogging? I love the creative outlet. I have had the most fun posting recipes and ideas, and having others love them as much as I do. I also have loved the support and motivation I have found to stay strong in my weight loss journey. I love getting help from others and sharing my own advice. Since starting Tips and Tricks Tuesday, I feel so proud to bring people together to offer each other help.
5. How often do you blog? I used to blog more often, but it was split between the two blogs. I am still finding the balance between my weight loss posts and other posts. I seem to write about 3-4 posts a week, but I "blog" constantly since I'm always doing something with it.
6. Share one thing that you don’t like about blogging. I don't like that everything involved is such a learning curve for me that it takes up so much of my time. I struggle with the design of my blog, promoting my posts, and getting the hang of the various forms of social media. I want to magically reach everyone, and have a blog design I'm proud of.
7. Do you talk about your blog in everyday life? I talk about to all the time to my parents and husband. My parents are more and more supportive as they start to understand it more. My husband seems to be coming around slowly. I don't talk about it much with anyone else, and no one that I know reads my blog and most don't know a thing about it.
8. What is the coolest and most unexpected thing that has happened to you as a result of blogging? I have somehow found the confidence to stop talking about a business idea I've had and start doing. I have found support and inspiration and, especially after this past weekend, I have the excitement and determination to make it happen.
9. Are there topics that are off-limits on your blog? If so, name a few…. I don't think any topics are off limits, but I'm pretty careful about revealing certain things. I would never discuss anything personal that could hurt anyone in my life, even if they don't read the blog. I also want to steer clear of showing too much of my kiddos. I love pictures of them, but I think I'll stick to staying away from showing too much of them.
10. If you could accomplish one thing through your blog before the end of this year, what would you want to accomplish? I want to create a community of women (and men, but as far as I can tell none read my blog) who are inspired and supported by one another. I want to find people who can benefit from my help and hopefully get my business ideas up and running. I truly believe so many people can benefit from the help I want to offer and, before the year is over, I want to figure out how to deliver that help for free and still monetize enough to keep it going and grow.
Fantastic questions! Just what I needed to keep the creative juices flowing.
And how about a cheer for 50 pounds down!!! Woohoo!